- 200 g grilled chicken breast
- 6 cups of shedded lettuce
- 2 chopped green onions
- 2 medium mangos cut in slices
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 red grapefruit peeled and sectionned
- 1 chilli pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice)
- chopped coriander to taste
Combine all your ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed.
During this season, red pepper is an excellent source of capsicin a great phytochemical,avocado good source of good monounsaturated fat, and fibers, so make the best out of it.
The salad itself is savoury and sweet all at the same time. A good meal if eaten with 2 slices of whole wheat bread.
This recipe yields to 3 portions.
Nutritionnal Fact per 1 portion:
320 Caories, 15 g fat ( mainly monounsaturated), 17 g protein, 35 g carbohydrates, 4 g fibers, a good source of vitamin A, excellent source of vitamin C.